Mahjong Wanderlust – Canada Theme
$ 9,500.00 – $ 10,420.00
Free Hong Kong local delivery
Price without frame. PM us for wooden frame request.
Contact us for ordering at ETSY / any question by email: email@example.com or via social media
Experience a totally new insight into Mahjong Canada mahjong theme with this intimate look at the dying art of hand-carving tiles integrated with technology, imaginative illustrations & creativity!
- Revitalizes an intangible cultural heritage by breathing a new life with Hong Kong cultural elements
- When the mahjong craftsman Ricky Cheung & illustrator Karen Aruba from two generations merge minds, mahjong goes beyond a mahjong game to become one-of-a-kind wall art by giving a modern twist to preserve craftsmanship
- Travel this unique journey to appreciate the art of mahjong craft by a Hong Kong brand with over 50-year family legacy
- Integrate with hand-carving, hand-painting, laser-engraving | no material wastage
- Present extremely talented and professional hand-carving skills and vibrant color hand-painting on tiny mahjong tile area
Extraordinary design of ‘Mahjong Wanderlust | Canada’ theme
- bridges the gap between traditional craftsmanship & contemporary art
- depicts Canada features such as hockey, curling, ski, four seasons, animals, floral, beautiful mountains and landscapes
- reinterprets the creative mahjong design to enhance the home décor and home living
- enhances the positive values of mahjong playing game
Story Behind the Scene – a father and daughter duo collaboration
Karen Aruba Art comes from a longstanding line of mahjong craftsmanship. Our intimate mahjong family story supports Hong Kong craftsmanship.
The illustration inspired from the uncommon design and mythology of the ancient Chinese mahjong tiles – a full set of revamped design captures Hong Kong artistry and culture, going beyond mahjong to preserve the intangible cultural heritage.
Understand how passionate we are to preserve the mahjong craftsmanship: ‘A Mahjong Story’
Original Design & Production Lead Time
Mahjong Wanderlust is a series of collection including other Hong Kong and Greenland design theme. This is a totally new brand design on how to revitalize the artistic culture of mahjong.
This full set 144 tiles in Canada theme involve 65% hand-carving the original MJ patterns created by Master, 100% hand-painting, and extra new illustrated patterns designed by Karen Aruba, laser-engraved with fine lines.
Only max. 3 sets can be made each month with all manual processes and it is expected to take around 2-3 months in production + 10-14 days of international delivery. Thank you for your kind support to our work.
- Color at the back: Green
- Size per mahjong tile: 2.7cm (W) x 3.7 cm (L) x 2.2cm (H)
- Canton version: 144 tiles + 4 blank tiles in total
- Hand-carved patterns include: Characters 1 to 9（一 to 九), Three Winds (中發白), Four Directions (東南西北)，Eight Florals/Season, Dots 2-9 (筒子) with tiny drills & all arabic numbers on bamboo and circle tiles
- Materials: Highest quality of Japanese acrylic or A grade equivalent long lasting without color deterioration
- Made-to-order on hand-carving, NO mass production, NO material wastage
One nice box in light blue color, 4 additional blank tiles, wind indicators & dice
Each set will come with a certificate of authenticity signed with a serial number.
Optional Frame for Wall Art Display
We offer an additional choice with a good quality custom-made wooden frame to hang this artpiece on wall to enhance your home living environment. Contact us in separate.
Original Framed Size: 50.4cm x 29.6cm x 4cm
Each full set of mahjong weights 5.3kg. Make sure screws or hooks are secure enough to support the weight.
Watch the video of making process (Hong Kong Theme)
Mahjongg – The Art of the Game